Sunday, August 30, 2009

Ray Weyland at Star Stage on a Saturday afternoon



I wrote the following some time ago. Sometimes my first life takes way too much of my time I think. I heard from Ray that he has now changed the access to the Star Stage, so it should be much easier to find it.
Anyway - this saturday afternoon a few weeks ago, in SL it was morning, I set out to find Ray’s venue. I had not managed to catch him before. He lives in Minnesota, so he usually plays when I am asleep.
It was something of a challenge to get there. There are two elevators going up into the sky – to the Star Stage, Ray’s own place. After fumbling for a while I managed to press the right button, get the elevator moving - only to walk into a swimmingpool when I arrived. I got a little wet, but I am glad I finally got to hear him. Ray plays a 12-string guitar and has a very nice voice to go with it. He plays his own original songs. As he says himeself: “A little bit Folk, a little bit Country, and a whole lot of gentle music.” And finally I found out why the little matchstick man, who walks around on the dance floor at Cascadia Harmonics is saying: “ I don’t wanna go to Pittsburgh”. It is the title of one of Ray’s songs:)
Ray has been composing and playing music for many years and is an experienced performer. He sings about life, love, friendship in a thoughtful, sometimes even melancholy way. You will not regret spending an hour with Ray and his music.

No comments:

Post a Comment