Saturday, October 3, 2009

FunkyFreddy Republic


If I can stay up late I go to Haven’s Paradise at 2 pm (11 pm in Denmark) on Tuesdays and listen to FunkyFreddy. He is so cool. His voice reminds me of Neil Young. He has the coolest arrangements with his loop station and maybe some more machinery? - I am not sure. Among other things he can play the music backwards, so it sounds psychedelic, but that is the least of his qualities. He must be one of the best singers and entertainers in Second Life. He sang two covers. Dylan’s: ”Knocking on heavens door” and Buffalo Springfield’s: ”Somethings happening here”, and he totally owned them. My friend Fyrm Fouroux does the same with covers. Makes them his own, and that is really the only way you should use covers I think.
As far as I could tell the rest of his songs were his own material. He is a very wide ranging artist with some really original songs. Some of the songs were accompanied by a slide guitar. He called it his black guitar I think. From his very entertaining talk between songs it is obvious that he has at least two dogs. He sang: ” I think that dog would be better off dead”. Hmm- hard stuff for a dog lover to listen to. Even harder it must be for christian people to listen to his naughty religious jokes about nuns. I don’t mind though, and I loved his ”Christian cowboy” song and the one about the plastic Jesus on the dashboard of his car.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, excellent review of FFR! His humor is tongue in cheek and is not meant to offend anyone. He is very humble and is the first to poke fun at himself. Here is his MySpace address: www.myspace.com/funkyfreddy1

    ReplyDelete