Monday, July 27, 2009

Fyrm Fouroux at Cascadia Harmonics




Fyrm Fouroux has a gig every Sunday at Cascadia Harmonics, and I have been there most of the times. Normally Woodstock Burleigh is hosting. He is also called Woody or Woodipedia. The last because he is a virtual wikipedia. He is a master of finding things on the internet. Ticious Trottier was hosting this Sunday though, because Woody was at the SL get-together in Montreal. She has made Fyrm's tipjar – a red english postbox, that he is very fond of. Fyrm started by playing some of his own songs. One of the songs he played was actually ”Postboxes”. It is a kind of sad song about how the red english postboxes will be gone in a few years, because we all use email now instead of snail mail. His lyrics are always telling an interesting story. I simply love them, and I also love his classical trained bass-baritone voice and his in my view brilliant guitar play. He continued with a cover –"Love hurts". One of my favourites. Nowadays his gigs are split into two. First a guitar section and then a section with digital piano and synthesizer. This evening he played ”I don’t like Mondays” on digital piano. It is originally sung by Bob Geldorf and The Boomtown Rats. He continued with the Metallica song "Nothing else matters". In my opinion his deep voice is perfect for that song. Recently Fyrm has also started singing "Wicked game" – originally sung by Chris Isaak. He sings it very beautiful, and it lets you experience the full range of his voice I think. He is always experimenting, trying new things, and I think that's brilliant. He is not afraid of making mistakes, and that makes you relax – and laugh when an occasional "shit" escapes him. In the end he played ”Save the last dance for me”. Yes Fyrm –save the last dance for me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment